Home Who Should be Your Children’s Guardian for their Properties?
Who Should be Your Children’s Guardian for their Properties? PDF Print E-mail

The guardian of your children’s property may be a different compare with the guardian of your children.

Guardian of your children’s property has the right to manage the property but subject to limitations by Trustee vested in the Will.

Any disposal of infant’s property without Court’s permission may be deeming as void by Court and the guardian must restore the property.

The guardian in his discretion can make arrangement for the living maintenance, health and education for the infant. If the income received is insufficient, he may apply at Court for higher sum or authorize of liquidating the properties.

As a testator, you should appoint a guardian who is:

  • Willing and capable to take care of your children with no condition

  • Able to get along with your children

  • Trustworthy as he is taking care of your children

  • Has time and love for your children

  • Financially stable

  • Ability to take care your children up to they attains the age of 21 years old. There is always a possibility the guardian himself pass away before the guardian job is done. (e.g. nominating your parents to be your children’s guardian, they maybe too old or unfit for the task).


Join us on Facebook


Related Articles

Who's Online?

We have 6 guests online